Position – Intern
Location – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
The Libraries, Labs & Tools team manages the life-cycle of electrical, electronic, and mechanical components and supports Simulation, Testing, Verification and Validation of Mechanical, Environment performances and Reliability of the Products across GE Healthcare.
This team is a key pillar for success of GE Healthcare’s strategy for Hardware Platforming, helping to enable component reuse, minimize obsolescence risk, reduce cost, and increase reliability through simulation and testing of products.
This role will support to ensure compliance of libraries parts to REACH Annex XVII, you will be responsible for supporting the management of the Enterprise parts library and performing FEA Simulation for Certification Labs team
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn GE Processes & tools like My Workshop, MCM.
- Understand GEHC REACH Annex XVII requirement.
- Work with suppliers to get relevant evidence for their respective parts to comply with REACH requirements.
- Reviewing received evidence to ensure compliance with REACH requirements.
- Work with external stakeholders including suppliers to drive compliance to REACH.
- Transcribe and upload docs to compliance reporting tool (MWS MCM)
- Comply with GEHC Quality Management System.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program related to Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with Ansys (Mechanical, Icepak, Sherlock) or equivalent Simulation software through academic projects or coursework.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyze simulation results
- Excellent communication & Interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of CAD software such as CREO, SolidWorks or equivalent is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical components, PCB mount electronics components, REACH and RoHS environmental compliance requirements, IPC1752 documents, and other material declarations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No