Position – Design Engineer Mechanical
Company – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies. Work in this family typically has the objective of demonstrating through tests or analyses the performance and implementation potential of a concept.
Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete tasks/duties based on changing work situations.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Work with teams on NPIs, Field issues, and ATPs to meet customer needs.
- Improve designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, serviceability, cost, and manufacturability. Performing design visualization efforts with 3D CAD models and essential component and assembly details to explore multiple design options.
- Give inputs to facilitate thermal, stress, load, and performance/requirements whenever required.
- Analyzing and validating material/component selection, tolerances, performance, cost, and manufacturability whenever required.
- Support NPI activities by performing verification & validation activities to deliver on time, whenever required.
- Perform failure analysis of issues reported from field, NCs, trending, etc. including autopsies of failed units whenever available.
- Document the detailed analysis using tools like Fishbone, 5 WHYs, Reliability, etc., and identify the root cause of failures and propose solutions.
- Identify solutions for obsolescence issues and propose solutions. Introduce the alternate solution by completing technical analysis, verification & validation, documentation, and completing the ECR/ECO process.
- Identify and work with domestic and international suppliers to deliver units on time, resolve issues in the manufacturing line, process improvements, etc.
- Identify opportunities to reduce the ICV of the product. Developing engineering design concepts for components and electromechanical assemblies that have demanding requirements for size, precision, reliability, and cost.
- Own and deliver RoHS conversion for the respective components.
- Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies and procedures, Engineering Standards, Product Definition Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
- Conceptual or theoretical activities related to the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Includes the analysis of static (structural) and dynamic (rotor dynamics, vibrations) behavior of mechanical systems.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. This may include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how the work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years industry industry-specific experience in designing and developing of Mechanical components and products.
- Experience with Mechanical CAD, simulations & analysis.
- Knowledge of GD & T- Dimensioning & tolerances.
- Experience with tools like- Windchill, and Creo is added advantage.
Desired Characteristics :
- Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and essentially able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities, assembly, and test procedures
- Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs.
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Disclaimer: GE HealthCare will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with GE HealthCare. If you suspect you have received a fraudulent call , please fill out the form below: https://www.ge.com/careers/fraud