Position – Engineer – Product Definition
Company – GE Gas Power
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Join our world class Product Definition team to develop engineering solutions and processes to deliver for our customers. As Engineer – Product Definition, you will be working independently, under the supervision of Technical Leader and in close collaboration with the engineering function in designing and detailing of Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Generator Accessories systems for New Unit projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own and execute PDE scope for Mechanical/Fluid systems for Steam Turbine and Generator Accessories in New Unit projects to deliver 3D designs, PMIs, arrangement drawings and Bills of materials using NX and Enovia PLM with immaculate quality and adhering to timelines
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and P&IDs
- Creation of part level fabrication and arrangement drawings and Bills of Material
- Ensuring all interface characteristics between components are established and agreed upon by the designers of mating parts
- Proactively and effectively communicate progress, status, risk, needed inputs and target release dates to stakeholders.
- Participate in daily management meetings with the team to plan for four-week look ahead and work with prioritization
- Apply Lean principles in daily management and strive for continuous improvement
- Utilize applicable checking and productivity tools aimed at working productively.
- Utilize applicable PLM system (Enovia) to manage and issue product definition data.
- Ensure immaculate quality of deliverables by adhering to First Time Yield (FTY) processes
- Manage concurrent Engineering processes, understand input from the different engineering disciplines, monitor progress and quality, and ensure schedule requirements are met.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through analysis, preparation and presentation of technical PDE data.
- Provide design support to cross-functional teams to improve or resolve design, performance, manufacturing, supplier, or field issues.
- Assure that proper documentation of technical data, generated to substantiate the assigned components, assembly processes, and/or systems is consistent with design policies and procedures.
- Work within the guidelines of applicable Safety, GE Policies and Procedures, Engineering Standards, Design Customer Operating Procedures, Specifications, Regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Contribution to Engineering initiatives to improve productivity and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with 2 to 6 years of experience.
- Cognizant of state-of-the-art 3D CAD software like NX, PDMS or AVEVA 3D
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (ASME Y14.5, ISO 1101 or applicable) relevant to the function.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, capabilities and assembly procedures.
- Expertise in enterprise Computer Aided Design (CAD) managed by a PLM/PDM system
- Good knowledge of heavy duty Power plant layout and its components
- Sound knowledge of sheet metals, International Structural codes like ANSI, EURO
- Good knowledge of Piping standards like ASME B31.1 (Power Piping, ASME B31.3 (Process piping) and Welding Practices
- CAD expertise with NX(Unigraphics), using in sheet metal and structural designs
- PLM expertise with ENOVIA
- Experience in accessories engineering design and/or accessories product or process experience
- Solid contribution in a similar role or previous position.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to assertively communicate with Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability in managing several projects across functions (New Product Introduction, New Units, Services, Cost Out, etc.), ensuring On-time Delivery, with high quality and on-budget.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives.
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively work under pressure.
- Focus on ownership, accountability and sense of urgency
- Experience driving Drawing à Model-Based Product Definition initiatives
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No