GE Gas Power is Hiring | Engineer – Mechanical Component |
Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Gas Power
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Clearance Engineer will participate in activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems related to Gas/Steam Turbine. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components and impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. In this role the engineer is expected to be engaged in customer, shop & field issues resolution, Product cost out and design robustness improvement programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role involves flange to flange clearance design of Gas/Steam turbines.
- On-time resolution to field/fleet issues with the highest quality. Positive/productive attitude; Understand the purpose of other teams/functions: Work in collaboration with product services, manufacturing, repair, and interface teams and provide disposition for various fleet/shop-related activities.
- The project scope includes New products (NPI), services programs, Product Cost-Out, Value Engineering projects, and direct Customer support.
- Execute/Support the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements. This work would include Mechanical Engineering concepts application for all products.
- Establish a personal schedule to support delivering engineering definition and analysis/Design reviews. Work with manufacturing, materials, and drafting organizations to issue product definitionss of Compressor & Turbine hardware.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; while still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Support & involvement in broad company-wide initiatives in support of GE Gas Power business objectives (i.e. Value Engineering, Lean and Problem Solving)
- As an organizational citizen help build a safe, inspirational, and inclusive workplace.
- Master’s or bachelor’s in engineering with specialization in Mechanical, Design and Applied mechanics.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced Degree/Ph.D. in mechanical design engineering
- Experience in Clearance Design and Analysis
- Experience in ANSYS Classic or Workbench and Unigraphics
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes