GE Aviation is Hiring | Rotordynamics Engineer |
Position – Rotordynamics Engineer
Company – GE Aviation (part of GE Corporate)
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies.
Executes technical projects typically under guidance. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute with guidance from experts on analysis & design of system/sub-system components/assemblies for nextgen sustainable engine programs meeting product requirements and business standards
- Basic understanding of key business drivers and use this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of self/own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area
- Support reviews with peers/experts, Chief Engineers Office and Systems organization
- Propose innovative solutions and proactively protect GE’s competitive advantage by filing IP
- Ensure proper documentation of technical data consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility to work on a wide variety of problems/programs of interest to GE
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Continuous learning and constant drive for continuous improvement of tools/processes
- Contribute to/promote a culture of inclusion & diversity
- 1 to 3 years of experience in mechanical/vibrations/system dynamics analysis of aircraft engine models
- Postgraduate in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace engineering with excellent academic background
- Proficiency in application of NASTRAN, HYPERMESH, Unigraphics, LS-DYNA/ANSYS software
- In-depth understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals related to vibrations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and commitments
- Exposure to FAA regulations and aerospace industry
- Exposure to Design For Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Aircraft engines/Gas turbine product knowledge
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes