Position – Manufacturing Engineer
Company – GE Aviation (part of GE Corporate)
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
In this role you will take care of manufacturing processes for loco product lines.
Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for establishing, optimizing & improving the processes to support the production of complex commercial Locomotives
- The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ensuring products and processes meet established standards and customer quality expectations.
- Work with CFT team on improving process.
- Interface with vendors and other functions in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed.
- Own complete implementation of Lean principles & tools for area.
- Identify P&E, define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals till completion.
- Translate engineering BoM into manufacturing BoM including item master creation, defining routing in Oracle
- Establish & document manufacturing process through Manufacturing Process Plan
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing
- Make process instructions/routings for assembly by focusing on standardization of manufacturing processes
- Support on equipment layout plan, facility modification, and equipment installation and inspection acceptance.
- Facilitate operator trainings and work with suppliers to organize for special trainings on equipment.
- Qualify new welding personnel to Welding Procedure Specifications.
- Participate in internal and external audits, including direct interaction with customers.
- Establish and improvise the manufacturing processes, identify deviations, and take corrective actions to ensure process compliance
- Target optimal facility utilization to meet production volumes. Should be able to optimize the available resources and be able to justify new requirements
- Suggest / Perform layout changes as required
- Develop necessary tooling and material handling requirements to ensure productivity and Safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing, quality or mechanical engineering role, including experience with Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- High level of drawings/schematics/standards understanding
- Proficiency in Lean, Oracle applications & MS Office
- Strong EHS Background
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Demonstrated self-starter, results oriented, analytical and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes