GE Aviation is Hiring | Junior Engineer |
Position – Junior Engineer Fixture calibration
Company – GE Aviation (part of GE Corporate)
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Education: Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile/Electrical /Industrial Engineering.
- Trained in operating and troubleshooting FARO / CMM.
- Expert in Dimensional calibration, and Template calibration according to drawings/specifications.
- Able to read and interpret GD & T drawings
- Good knowledge in the measurement field also should have hands-on experience in Handling dimensional equipment.
- Preparing Control plans as per the drawings and capturing all the relevant requirements as per QMS.
- Ensure Scheduling of outsource and Onsite calibration activities as per calibration frequency for FARO instrument and surface tables.
- Coordinate with suppliers and equipment used for effective and on-time calibrations.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across levels and within a complex matrix
- Candidate shall have a clear understanding of Environment Health & Safety in the Manufacturing environment as well as Technical Regulations applicable to the industry.
- Calibration and certificate preparation of Fixtures/tools and troubleshooting issues.
- Inspection of engineering parts in accordance with the drawings.
- Ensure on-time calibration of Fixtures, Coordinate with the user for proper planning and effective execution of calibration activity
- Actively involved in Implementing daily work management and PDCA (Plan Do Check Act).
- Work closely with various customers for support related to calibration activity to ensure that all customer requirements are fulfilled.
- Update and maintain the Fixture Master list and MES.
- Maintain and monitor Environmental conditions as per AVA-SWI-043 requirements.
- Perform Quality checks (retained & replicate calibrations) as per plan to maintain records.
- Review and Accept calibration certificate / FARO reports according to acceptance criteria and maintain records in accordance with the record retention requirements in QMS.
- Should be able to ensure compliance of AS9100D processes.
- Maintain and retain the record for calibration documents.
- Support to the supplier during onsite calibration activity for a work permit, gate pass etc.
- Identify the root cause of repetitive non-conforming and customer complaints related to calibration activity.
- On-time record and resolution of the Nonconformance report and drive closure.
Qualification and Desired characteristics
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn.
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Problem solver: analytical-minded & challenges existing processes
- Ability to analyse problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Good oral and written communication skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: No