Position – Junior Engineer
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the Manufacturing Technician is responsible for developing and machining of machined parts. That includes CNC programming, tool setting, fixture setting, and machining of parts with overall productivity improvement.
- Operate and maintain CNC machines like Plano Miller, HMC, TMC and VTL.
- CNC programming with pre-selected tools and fixtures to optimize production performance on both quality and quantity
- Assist MPE during prove out of parts at supplier location and GE site on CNC machines like Plano Miller, HMC, TMC, and VTL
- Ability to complete stage inspection of parts using various Inspection tools like CMM, Trimos, and measuring instruments like dial gauges, vernier, micrometer, height gauges, bore indicators etc
- Clear and effective documentation of the results obtained during the measurement and manufacturing process in FPQ reports and ongoing manufacturing
- Effective problem solving on tools, fixtures, programs, material and machine applications.
- Follow standard cycle time on manufacturing process and monitor the actual achievement.
- Drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing process through kaizens in the areas of cycle time, cost of process including but not limited to consumables, improved delivery to customer and safety of man & machine.
- Study the types of parts, components, sub-assemblies and understand their overall manufacturing process and be able to provide inputs for improvement
- Study the process / routing in relation with fixtures / tools and readiness for the prove out
- Support through data collection the statistical approach on manufacturing performance reporting and analysis on manufacturing variances
- Actively support EHS programs in the plant
- Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process
- Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset. First Class diploma in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline. 4-6 Years of experience in engineering industry – with firsthand experience on CNC machines like horizontal machining centers, turning centers. Knowledge in machining process, CNC programing, Inspection, fixtures and tooling
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
Relocation Assistance Provided: No