Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities aimed at providing the solutions for design, manufacturing, and repair requirements to meet the customer needs for the fielded engines. Provide technical improvement of existing products and components by meeting certification requirements
Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the repair development, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Provide the technical solutions to airline customers by developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work, how it integrates with other teams and contributes to the areas of improvement.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Basic understanding of working with various teams & collaborate with Fleet (PSE), Design, Systems, MCRB & Analytics engineers.
- B. Tech. or M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical design and analysis. Experience on design and analysis of static, rotor components and systems
- Understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals & its application. Ability to evaluate and improve designs based on interdisciplinary design criteria
- Experience in application of Geometry, Finite Element and optimization methods for design evaluation
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Experience of working on aircraft engine components
- Understanding of manufacturing, shop floor, repair procedures & their limitations
- Understanding on shop quality, inspection procedures
- Awareness of Lean/Six-sigma methodologies
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes