Position – Design Engineer
Company – Garrett Motion
Exp. – 3 – 5 years
Location – Bengaluru, IN
1. Responsible for complex design work, such as Engine packaging, Tolerance stackup, surface modeling and layouts.
2. Leads design on new product lines or application development projects.
3. Takes initiative to solve design issues and solves customer/supplier issues with minimal guidance.
4. Applies design standards/practices and GD&T during product development.
5. Good working experience in handling Sand/Die Cast components.
6. Proficient in design methodologies and tools and encourages others in new methods and tools.
7. Work with customer and suppliers to resolve APQP and launch issues.
8. Work closely with cross functional teams during design reviews for design freeze
9. Experience in FEA, CFD & 3D stack up tools will be plus.
1. Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or related
2. 3-5 years relevant experience in mechanical engineering
1. Strong design skills in mechanical parts and components
2. Experience in manufacturing process, such as casting, machining, stamping
3. Strong knowledge about GD&T and its application
4. Proficient in 3D design software CATIA Skills.
5. Good plan and schedule management skills
6. Technology exchange capabilities with customers, suppliers and management team.
7. Team work spirit.
Garrett – Advancing Motion, also known as Garrett Motion, formerly Honeywell Transportation Systems and Honeywell Turbo Technologies, is an American company primarily involved in engineering, development and manufacturing of turbochargers and related forced induction systems for ground vehicles from small passenger cars to large trucks and industrial equipment and construction machinery. It originated as part of Garrett AiResearch’s Industrial Division in Phoenix, Arizona in 1954, after which they entered a contract to provide 5,000 turbochargers for the Caterpillar mining vehicle. It manufactured turbochargers for railroads and commercial trucks. The business produced approximately $3.2 billion in revenue in 2011. Honeywell is also involved in motorsports providing turbochargers and forced induction systems, solutions and related equipment to racing teams and various forms of automobile racing and professional competitions. In 2004, the business became part of American industrial conglomerate Honeywell International, Inc. as their Transportation Systems division. In 2018, it was spun off to become an independent company under the Garrett – Advancing Motion name with corporate headquarters in Rolle, Switzerland.
Company Info – Website: https://www.garrettmotion.com/