Garrett Advancing Motion is hiring | HVAC Design Engineer |
Position – HVAC Design Engineer
Company – Garrett Advancing Motion
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
BBe part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to develop completely new e-mobility products, techniques, procedures, and technologies. You will design and develop new ideas and solutions for new product development in the area of Thermal Management Technologies as well as current product modification and improvements based on in-service issues and market strategy.
What will be your main focus:
- Creation of 3D models and 2D drawings of electrical vehicle technologies components, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Ensuring fit & function of all components and assemblies. Interacting with cross-functional development engineers to achieve common goals.
- Accountability for design work in quality, delivery & productivity aspects, at project level.
- Active participation in internal and external design reviews. Owner of specific design initiative, responsibility for their local or global deployment and functionality, Examples: specific customer requirements, simulation tools, Design Standards & Quality, etc. / for key and global activities. Evaluating and proving fit and function of overall assemblies or particular features.
- Built design in respect of safety, reliability, manufacturability, assembly processes & cost.
- Cooperation with cross function team on verification of specific requirements from these areas.
- To drive activities (design, FEA, CFD, APQP, etc.) for development of Thermal Management Technologies, as part of new product development and customer launch. Design, simulate & qualify the Thermal Management technologies components and assemblies to meet internal validation requirements and customer needs.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in design of engineering components, both 2D & 3D, dimensioning, geometrical dimensioning & tolerance preferably in automotive or aerospace industry.
- Experience in automotive, mechanical design or testing is preferred.
- Active English knowledge.
- Advanced user of 3D CAD for industrial design (both 3D/2D).
- Ability to perform basic structural simulation per given templates.
At Garrett you will find:
- Amazing people to work with, and learn from
- Chance to fulfill your potential in an open culture
- Empowering leaders
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Impactful projects
- Recognition for your accomplishments and behaviors
- A great place to grow professionally
This is an exciting time to join Garrett Motion! Garrett is one of the automotive industry’s most iconic brands, supplying cutting-edge technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Recognized for more than 65 years for its ground-breaking turbochargers, Garrett is today leading the breakthrough of new electric boosting applications and software solutions that will continue to make vehicles safer, more connected, efficient, and environmentally friendly.