Position – Project Engineer
Company – Flowserve Corporation
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, IN
The Project Engineer is responsible to deliver the order to the customer on time, on budget and with the utmost quality. The duties include but are not limited to contract review, clarification, communication, and execution in accordance with agreed upon requirements. The Project Engineer assumes complete responsibility for project orders from award of order through shipment and final documentation. The Project Manager must work with the customer to define their requirements and then must satisfy them by meticulously planning, tracking, and verifying the execution of the numerous tasks required. The incumbent should be “Customer Centric” and demonstrate a “Can Do” approach to gain customer confidence.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for total project execution performance & safety (project initiation to project completion) on all assigned projects.
- Review assigned orders/contracts to ensure that requirements are adequately defined and documented, identify any differences between the order.
- Plan and accountable for the successful achievement of the project contractual specification and schedules. Also, maintain up-to-date status of assigned contracts, communicate progress to customers, and facilitate elimination of any barriers to on- time shipment together with PM.
- Work with sales channels, engineering, planning, purchasing, accounting, and manufacturing for complete, thorough and accurate information such as bills of material, routing, schedules, material specifications, engineering documentation, buy-out specifications, engineering changes, and supply of all documentation required to fulfill contract and QMS procedures.
- Use key in-house engineering tools, such as Engineering Information Systems, Application Engineering Programs and Imaging Systems, to conduct and manage engineering document deliverables to customer.
- Assures the timely release of engineering documentation to meet schedules- both initial submittals and the finalization of all outstanding documentation. Responsible to help improve order’s payment by submitting all documentation required.
- Communicate contractual requirements and changes internally in accordance with applicable internal process & procedures. provide technical support to the sales and the service team on seals and systems and to customers.
- Provide effective stewardship of the financial expectations on each assigned project to: a) produce the gross margin that meets or exceeds the SAP approved criteria; b) meet the total cash flow & working capital plan for the project, c) minimize the total COPQ, d. Report to PM on Percentage of Completion (POC) jobs progress as per Finance policy/guidelines in monthly basis.
- To lead by example and drive a culture of Safety, Ethics and Customer.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
Mechanical Engineering (or) equivalent with 4-6 years of experience in Project engineering, execution, customer facing and/ or possesses strong experience in any other manufacturing functions in rotating equipment industry of large size, preferably MNCs & Seal system manu- facturers.
Should have the following qualities.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills, including meeting and workshop facilitation experience
- Good communication and written skills; able to organize and prioritize work responsibilities
- Possesses commercial skills to support Sales team and interact with customers
- Positive attitude towards Flowserve culture and complete compliance to Flowserve safety standards
- Strong analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
- Able to interact with all level of personnel
- Able to multi task and work independently
- Be prompt, efficient and effective in responding to internal and external customers on a timely basis
Primary Posting Location: Coimbatore, India
Job Advertising Title: Project Engineer
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 55750BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to [email protected] In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.