Position – Drafter
Company – Flowserve Corporation
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Drafter is responsible for preparation of general arrangement drawings, cross sectional drawings, schematics, and automation design. This position will prepare mechanical drawings of parts, components, assemblies, special tools, jigs, or gauges.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Prepare drawings in accordance with existing technical reference material, to ensure project fidelity and accuracy.
- Proficient in CAD software Solidworks and PTC Windchill.
- Proficient in general arrangement drawing, cross section drawings with bill of materials.
- Proficient with mechanical drawings of parts, components, assemblies, and special tools.
- Good understanding and preparation of schematics and automation designs.
- Prepare Bill of Materials.
- Generate technical documentation for customers and suppliers.
- Generate specifications for all materials and accessories that compose the scope of supply.
- Provide support to the Factory on issues related to the assembly of the packages.
- Provide support to the Quality department and answer non-conformity reports regarding the packages.
- Shall be able to achieve on-time delivery without compromising the accuracy adhering to Flowserve standards and procedures.
- Flexibility to adapt to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
- HS Diploma / GED and / or 0-2 years relevant experience
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- GAD and Schematics.
- Inventor – Basic Tools.
- Understanding of pump fundamentals.
Req ID: R-6026
Job Family Group: Engineering
Job Family: EN Drafting
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.