Position – Design Drafter
Company – Flowserve Corporation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
This position is responsible for design drafting of pump components, layouts & preparation of Bill of material
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Performs work that is varied and complex, under direct supervision. Consistently applies knowledge of functional concepts and prior experience to work assignments.
- Gather all relevant information for each assignment, review all the inputs, understand scope of work, and complete the assigned task by meeting or exceeding customer expectation.
- Timely update status to all the stake holders.
- Follow established engineering standards and procedures for product design to produce consistent and reliable results.
- Check each design for compliance to job specifications; design form, fit, and function; safety in assembly, maintenance, and operation; method and ease of manufacture; method and ease of assembly. Perform self-checking.
- Deliver clear and complete drawings/analysis reports/ documentation/part list, as per the deliverables of the assignment, ensuring On-time delivery and quality.
- Understand the basic functions of documentation control, document preservation and computer filing.
- Maintain and develop technical and other interpersonal skills, always in full compliance with company policies, using the resources productively and innovatively.
- Mechanical Engineer with 2+years relevant experience
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Excellent ability to read and understand engineering drawings/documents.
- Proficient in 3D modelling (Solidworks) and 2D drafting.
- Must be conversant with GD&T and drafting standard ANSI Y 14.5.
- Hands on experience in pump assembly, repair and servicing is an advantage.
- Team player, who is highly self-motivated.
- Highly committed and quick learner.
- Timely responsiveness to internal & external customers.
- Listen attentively and understand job information clearly.
- Evaluate work, sets priorities, and quickly focuses on most critical needs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate professionally and with accepted business etiquette; work well with people in other departments and with customers.
- Experienced user of computer programs like Windows, and Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Req ID: R-6366
Job Family Group: Engineering
Job Family: EN Design / Drafting
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as the subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.