Flowserve Corporation is Hiring | Design Drafter |
Position – Design Drafter-1
Company – Flowserve Corporation
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
This position is responsible for generating 2D & 3D drawings, bill of materials and other detailed technical documentation for Auxiliary sealing system products. Consider as Individual contributor, need to ensure on time performance and high level of quality.
- Understand & execute engineering tasks as per work instructions independently
- Performing tasks associated with complicated layout design for standard products and generating shop floor fabrication drawing
- Generate Bill of materials for assembly drawings for the retrofit jobs and ensure the design compliments the challenges from customer.
- Perform review of incoming engineering orders for completeness and technical correctness of job definition
- Demonstrates workable knowledge on product specific international standards
- Interface with manufacturing to assure design for manufacturability
- Perform basic calculations with available internal tools independently
- Appraise on status of strategic/ high visibility/ urgent job to originator and associated stakeholders. Meets project scheduled milestones for engineering deliverables
- Collaborate with allied departments as required to complete design work accurately and on-time
- Implement Engineering lessons learnt & Best Practices make best use existing tools and support Kaizen projects to improve productivity
- Independently prepare technical documents associated with the auxiliary systems
- Demonstrate the self-checking capability, undertake complete ownership on quality and reduce checking dependency
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate with +2 years of experience or Mechanical Diploma engineers with +5 years of experience in similar engineering industry.
- Minimum two years experience in 3D modeling in Inventor and mechanical design
- Proficiency in Inventor.
- Knowledge on Solid Works is added advantage.
- Review and understand customer specifications and requirements
- Familiar with manufacturing processes and metallurgy
- Working experience in plant piping, heat exchangers, pressure vessels & boilers
- Exposure to International standards (ASME, ANSI, API)
- A high level of self-motivation, flexibility and self-learning aptitude
- Ability to handle changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Req ID : R-5274
Job Family Group : Engineering
Job Family : EN Design / Drafting
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as the subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.