Position – Applications Engineer – Junior Associate
Company – Flowserve Corporation
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Commercial Operations Engineer Associate is responsible for supporting the quote activity for various valve products for Projects /MRO. This includes providing technical support, pricing, and logistics information to sales and customers. The associate will also work with the commercial team to develop and execute commercial strategies.
- Provide technical support to sales and customers on valve products and applications.
- Develop and maintain valve pricing and logistics information.
- Assist with the preparation of quotes and proposals.
- Work with the commercial team to develop and execute commercial strategies.
- Review customer specifications and documents to apply current Flowserve technical and commercial requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer focused with a results-driven mindset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail & Practical Thinking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while ensuring effective communication and collaboration across varying functional/business platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines with little supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to work independently and be a team player with a global mindset and approach.
- Promote a positive and professional working atmosphere, where the status quo is challenged to improve, and the team is driven toward creating an exceptional customer experience.
- Generate high quality, on time, value priced proposals to facilitate order fulfilment.
- Manage and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining designated workload management tool, while monitoring hit-rate optimization.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of valve applications and types, a clear understanding of parts, programs, and processes to best drive solutions to our valued end user customers.
Qualifications:1) Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Mechanical/ Instrumentation & Control with min. 7 CGP. (All Subjects cleared in 1st attempt) – Freshers 2) Strong technical knowledge on core subjects: Fluid Mechanics/Metallurgy/Thermodynamics/ Electrical and Electronic Measurements/ Control Systems and Process Control Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation. 3) Proficiency in Microsoft Office package.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with a team of experienced engineers.
- Chance to learn the valve industry.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
Req ID : R-6689
Job Family Group : Sales
Job Family : SA Sales Support
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.