Position – Solid Mechanics Engineer
Job Role Summary
We are looking to hire candidates to work on challenging engineering problems for our upstream business that focus on exploration, development, and production of hydrocarbons. Specific areas of interest for this position include the application of computational mechanics, fracture mechanics and finite element modeling skills to tackle a range of problems in the upstream ranging from drilling & subsurface, offshore, and pipeline engineering to offshore as well as structural and facilities design.
Job Role And Responsibility
- Build computational mechanics simulations using proprietary and vendor tools to provide design guidance necessary to solve business problems
- Analyze simulation results and develop technical reports and presentations
- Design, build and execute parametric studies using simulation models to provide engineering design recommendations for business decisions
- Create and maintain infrastructure to automate computational mechanics simulation preparation, execution, and post-processing
- Create tutorials, documentation, training material or case studies
- Mentor other engineers to help build their technical competencies in solid mechanics and modeling
- Research and develop advanced computational/numerical tools for modeling challenging Mechanics problems of the Oil and Gas industry
- Interact with affiliates and third parties on a frequent basis to ensure alignment of project objectives and outcomes
- M.S./M.E/M.Tech or Ph.D. (preferred) from reputed universities in India or abroad in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Ocean Engineering or related disciplines with minimum GPA 7.0 (out of 10.0) and above is required.
- Strong background/knowledge of solid mechanics, fracture mechanics, and finite element analyses/methods are required
- Excellent communication skills & collaborative environment work experience is required – examples include (i) ability to understand the problem posed, (ii) clarity and knowledge to define work plan/procedures, (iii) dedication to pursue the work/solution, and (iv) clarity in communicating results
- Previous work experience of 2-5 years in the upstream oil and gas industry is preferred