Positon – Pipeline Engineer
- Ability to execute and/or steward flowline and pipeline engineering activities, e.g. developing the scope of works, design philosophies & criteria, pipeline routing & GIS, pipe sizing / hydraulics, wall thickness assessment, material selection, cathodic protection & coatings, stability, spanning assessments, geohazard assessments, local & global buckling/walking assessments, installation analysis, pre-commissioning & commissioning, design & constructability interfaces, fitness for service assessments, etc.
- Ability to support project design with technical reviews of deliverables (e.g. design basis & philosophy, survey reports & maps, technical specifications, analysis reports, drawings, vendor deliverables, etc.) and participation in review workshops (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, risk assessments, design/constructability, EIA, Oil Spill Scenarios)
- Provide support to production units relating to operational integrity and general inspection planning/execution. This includes identifying and managing interfaces between flow assurance, corrosion, ILI, pigging operations, operating procedures, competency and general inspection planning/execution
- Contribute technically to pipeline system integrity workflows, work-aids and tools including development or design, implementation and continuous improvement. Provide oversight, mentoring, and development of company and contract support resources executing pipeline integrity workflows
- Coordination of communication interfaces between teleconferences and management of communication tools and reports. Representation in person (field visits) to project locations, vendor premises, production units
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a recognized university in Pipeline/Mechanical / Civil/Materials or Metallurgical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum GPA of 7.0 or 70% marks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effectiveness in English
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to mentor others and work with globally diverse business teams
- Between 5 to 10 years of professional experience in oil and gas pipeline engineering with either operating company, pipeline engineering design contractor or Pipeline Project EPCI contractor
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in pipeline integrity management with either operating company, integrity consultancy or ILI/underwater inspection vendor.
- Past work experiences should highlight demonstrable experience and knowledge in:
- Onshore and offshore pipeline design codes, standards and recommended practices. Working knowledge of scenario-based risk assessments and hazards.
- Strong analytical skills in pipeline technical analysis; including but not limited to offshore & onshore pipeline design and routing, riser analysis, fatigue. Ability to efficiently evaluate the high volume of critical inspection data
- Pipeline integrity management covering governing codes & standards, data collection, hazard identification (threats such as corrosion mechanisms, third party impacts, etc.), inspection strategies and tools, field operations & reporting, integrity assessments (e.g. data tallying, feature matching, remaining life or fitness for service assessments) and recommendations to production units
- Field experience for route surveys, pipeline construction/installation/pre-commissioning & start-up activities, operating facilities such as terminals, pig trap & valve stations, pipe/valve mills