Position – Pipeline Engineer
Selected candidate to perform and support engineering associated with our operating and in-design pipeline, risers and flowline assets. This role while primarily technical will have coordination responsibilities, provide mentoring, and require interaction with technical organizations, capital projects and production operations around the world. The candidate is expected to demonstrate through experience a thorough understanding of the overall pipeline system & role of an engineer in designing & managing it professionally.
Key Job responsibilities
- Ability to execute and/or steward flowline and pipeline engineering activities, e.g. developing the scope of works, design philosophies & criteria, pipeline routing & GIS, pipe sizing/hydraulics, wall thickness assessment, material selection, cathodic protection & coatings, stability, spanning assessments, geohazard assessments, local & global buckling/walking assessments, installation analysis, pre-commissioning & commissioning, design & constructability interfaces, fitness for service assessments, etc.
- Ability to support project design with technical reviews of deliverables (e.g. design basis & philosophy, survey reports & maps, technical specifications, analysis reports, drawings, vendor deliverables, etc.) and participation in review workshops (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, risk assessments, design/constructability, EIA, Oil Spill Scenarios)
- Provide support to production units relating to operational integrity and general inspection planning/execution. This includes identifying and managing interfaces between flow assurance, corrosion, ILI, pigging operations, operating procedures, competency, and general inspection planning/execution
- Contribute technically to pipeline system integrity workflows, work-aids, and tools including development or design, implementation, and continuous improvement. Provide oversight, mentoring, and development of the company and contract support resources executing pipeline integrity workflows
- Coordination of communication interfaces between teleconferences and management of communication tools and reports. Representation in person (field visits) to project locations, vendor premises, production units
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from a recognized university in Pipeline/Mechanical / Civil/Materials or Metallurgical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum GPA of 7.0 or 70% marks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effectiveness in English
- Between 5 to 10 years of professional experience in oil and gas pipeline engineering with either operating company, pipeline engineering design contractor or Pipeline Project EPCI contractor
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in pipeline integrity management with either operating company, integrity consultancy or ILI/underwater inspection vendor.