Position – Engineer – Manufacturing
Company – Epiroc Mining India Ltd.
Exp. – 2 to 3 years
Location – Hyderabad
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE / FUNCTIONAL CONTEXT:
Engineer Manufacturing (Assembly) will lead the agenda for analyzing and improving assembly line performance in terms of manufacturing KPI s such as Efficiency, Coordinating for better utilization between Material, Manpower & Machines, Breakdown, Loss Elimination, Quality Problems, etc. Will also be responsible for collaborating with functions to drive the capability building agenda for the workers in various aspects such as delivering product quality, lean processes, and soft skills, etc.
- The output of all assembly, Welding, and machining operations being performed.
- Quality Assurance for all the operations being performed.
- Planning of operations to maximize the utilization of machines, equipment, man-power, etc.
- Running assembly and welding operations as per EMS and ES guidelines.
- Leading the team of Technicians to handle the operations and processes effectively and efficiently.
- Improvements in the Assembly, Welding, and machining operations to reduce pk.
- Procurement of tools, inserts, welding, and product spares required for all operations.
- Monitoring Productivity and providing information to the management.
- Movement of material from one work center to another work center as per shop traveler and as per process requirements.
- Ensuring the employees are operating the equipment safely as per work instructions.
- Interaction with Production planning, purchasing, maintenance, D&D, and Quality for day-to-day operations.
- Implementing QET Projects as per guidelines
- Implementing the various development projects running in Hyderabad Plant as a member.
- Implementing the IMS System in the Welding section, which is a special process and adhering to all the process requirements including validations.
- Identifying and proper disposal of non-conforming product.
- Implementation of Corrective and Preventive Actions for the non-conformances observed.
- Entries in Movex for Assembly, Welding, and machining operations.
- Implementing the Q Nova Workflows for smooth IMS functioning in the Assembly section.
- Attending daily production meetings for discussing the priorities, issues.
- Attending daily NC Review meeting for discussing the root cause, corrective actions, etc.
- Training of subordinates in Assembly, Welding, and machining operations.
- Attending the various training programs as decided by management and self to improve the knowledge and skill.
- Attending and working as per the outcome of various meetings like safety, with employees, projects, and management review meetings.
Knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Principles
- Knowledge of CNC turning & Auto-cad
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Knowledge in planning & organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively.
Education – Diploma/ BE/ B Tech in Mechanical
- Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries. With cutting-edge technology, the company develops and produces innovative equipment, consumables, and service for use in surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works, well drilling, and geotechnical applications.