Position – Service Engineer
Company – Emerson
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Essential Job Functions:
- Experience of valves and actuators manufacturing, assembly and maintenance, or relevant working background is must.
- Be familiar with industrial valve product and relative standard of application.
- Ensure all field service jobs which was assigned are completed within customer requirement ensuring safe and efficient operations in accordance with Emerson Procedures.
- Strict compliance with safety regulations in performing service activities.
- Direct efforts to customer callouts for control valve product service requests.
- Perform as part of an engineering team and liaison with the company in evaluating and solving control valve product application problems.
- Repair, test and maintain valve product in either Emerson workshop or on customer site.
- Assist with the installation/commissioning of new valve product.
- Receive and investigate customer complaints, resolve and/or recommend solutions to the complaints.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations.
- Capable and willing to work independently and handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Willing to frequent travel even at short notice of emergency.
- Complete other service job assigned by team supervisor/manager.
Education / Experience Required:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 3-5 years of field service experience on Valves, Actuations and Positioners preferably in the petrochemical, refining, oil & gas exploration and/or production industries.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written) in English communication with both Internal and External Customers.
- Sound Technical Knowledge in Control Valves and ESD Valves applications.
- Sound Technical Knowledge in Field Instruments like Valve Positioners, Controller etc.,
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with multiple departments, including Technical Service, Sales and application Engineering.
- Strong drive for results.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Knowledge on Site Safety Practices.
- Should be able to read, write and understand relevant Instruction Manuals, Safety Manuals, Engineering drawings, P&ID, previous site reports etc.,
- Should be able to communicate with customer in English and Hindi flawlessly.
EMS & ISO 45001
- Awareness about EMS & ISO 45001 practices
- Experience in ISO 14001:2015 – ISO 45001:2018 – ISO 9001:2015 procedures & instructions.
- Integrity & Trust
- Ethics & Values
- Customer focus
- Priority setting
- Result Oriented
- To meet both Customer and Company requirements.
Work Environment / Conditions:
- Follow Emerson Safety Core Values.
- Follow all safety procedure advised by customer.
- Able to travel and visit customer site locations with different environments when required.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours when required.