Position – Application Engineer
Company – Emerson
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Factor I: Accountability
- Review the RFQ documents and identify the special requirements and confirm whether we can meet the requirements.
- Sizing and selection with Fisher sizing program using data given by customer.
- Correspond with Industry experts in Marshalltown, Singapore or other world locations as appropriate for special applications/prices and interact with the factories for product availability including delivery.
- Escalate challenges to team leader appropriately for guidance and timely resolution.
- Obtain quote from vendors for buyouts (products outside Fisher’s manufacturing scope).
- Review customer quality requirements with the Quality department or PM.
- Provide customer specification sheet duly filled, signed and stamped where required.
- Assist Sales management team in preparing commercial quote for assemblies
- Prepare the technical deviation in line with our capability versus customer requirements. Create awareness among customers to accept benefits of our offering.
- Revise the offer based on customer’s technical queries as and when applicable.
- When required, attend technical clarification meeting with customer.
- For site enquiries on valve performance, interact with the service team, customer and also with subject matter experts for investigating the reasons for performance variance and/or damage of valves/parts.
- After receipt of PO, check the PO for the technical details and intimate customer/branch in case of any discrepancy.
- Include customer testing/special requirements and any other relevant notes in FF2.
- Commit the order for order processing.
- Reply to clarifications from OE (technical/buyout quotes etc.).
- Reconcile customer purchase requisition (PR) document and inform customer for amendments for any discrepancy
- Attend project kick-off meetings and provide clarity to project team on customer requirements.
- Handle post order technical change orders and work with PM to estimate the cost impact
Factor II: Knowledge and skills (Describe skills and how this job will use these skills)
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Mechanical/Chemical or related discipline, with minimum 1-5 years related experience
- Good process knowledge about manufacturing process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the necessary skills to effectively utilize technology and systems specific to the department required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior experience of working in Fisher sizing program (FF2) will be an added advantage
- Understand the nature of the job requirements.
- Carry out duties with minimum supervision.
- Better understanding of the process and able to offer solutions.
Factor III: Supervision
Factor IV: Interface
Job holder reports to the Team leader – Application Engineering
Building trust and relationship with customers, internal teams
- Ethics & Values
- Integrity & Trust
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Technical Learning
- Interpersonal Savvy/Peer Relationship
- EMS & ISO 45001
Awareness about EMS & ISO 45001 practices
Experience in ISO 14001:2015 – ISO 45001:2018 – ISO 9001:2015 procedures & instructions