Position – GAS TURBINE CONTROL ENGINEER
Exp. – 7 to 12 Years
- Understand existing control systems for Gas turbines power plants and develop, implement and test new control system software in Ovation.
- Engage in engineering, implementation and testing phases of Gas turbine controls projects.
- Provide support during design review/ Pre-FAT / FAT/Commissioning Activities.
- After sales support for corrective and preventive actions
- Support training of customers with course materials and classroom teaching
- Collection of inputs, concept finalization, Preparation of I/O list Database
- Support lead engineer on all above
Required Candidate profile
- Experience with designing and implementing control system configuration changes.
- Experience working for a major turbine manufacturer or turbine controls vendor (e.g. GE, Siemens, Westinghouse, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Toshiba, etc.).
- Gas Turbine Generation process knowledge (e.g. Speed and Load control, Fuel Governor, Sequencing and Auxiliaries, BOP, HRSG, Combined Cycle, Cogeneration, AGC, Isochronous and Droop controls, etc.).
- Experience with ISA and SAMA logic symbols, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Proficiency with configuring database, logic and HMIs of one or more DCS platforms (e.g. Emerson Ovation, ABB/Bailey INFI 90, Siemens T3000, GE Mark V/ VI, Mitsubishi DIASYS Netmation, Invensys, Woodward Micronet etc.).
- Gas Turbine process knowledge.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel as may be required
Emerson Electric Co (I) Pvt Ltd
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal¢”to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel, and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.