Position – Gas Turbine Control Engineer
Emerson Automation Solutions
The candidate will be an essential member of a team-oriented Turbine Solutions Group with responsibilities for software design/implementation and test functions. Responsibilities will include providing technical leadership and innovative thinking in the development and testing of turbine control retrofit systems. Duties require experience with Siemens/Westinghouse and General Electric heavy duty combustion turbine controls with accompanying knowledge of Dry Low NOx (DLN1.0/2.0/2.6) and Low Emission Combustor (LEC) control algorithms. Experience with Pratt&Whitney/GE/RollsRoyce aero derivative gas turbine generator control systems is preferred. Candidate will provide leadership and direction to members of the GTS controls group and in the creation of software development standards/practices and work instructions. Candidate shall be self-motivated and possess effective skills for communicating with internal and external customers.
- Understand existing control systems for Gas turbines power plants and develop, implement and test new control system software in Ovation.
- Engage in engineering, implementation and testing phases of Gas turbine controls projects.
- Provide support during design review/ Pre-FAT / FAT/Commissioning Activities.
- After sales support for corrective and preventive actions
- Support training of customers with course materials and classroom teaching
- Collection of inputs, concept finalization, Preparation of I/O list – Database
- Support lead engineer on all above
- 1 st Division or equivalent GPA 10 th / 12 th / Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering from four-year College or university
- 2-6 years of experience in Gas turbine control systems, software implementation, and Engineering.
- Experience with designing and implementing control system configuration changes.
- Experience working for a major turbine manufacturer or turbine controls vendor (e.g. GE, Siemens, Westinghouse, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Toshiba,etc.).
- gas turbine Generation process knowledge (e.g. Speed and Load control, Fuel Governor, Sequencing and Auxiliaries, BOP, HRSG, Combined Cycle, Cogeneration, AGC, Isochronous and Droop controls, etc.).
- Experience with ISA and SAMA logic symbols, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Proficiency in configuring the database, logic, and HMIs of one or more DCS platforms (e.g. Emerson Ovation, ABB/Bailey INFI 90, Siemens T3000, GE Mark V/ VI, Mitsubishi DIASYS Netmation, Invensys, Woodward Micronet, etc.).
- Gas Turbine process knowledge.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability and willingness to travel as may be required