Position – Sr. Engineer – Purchase
Company – Elgi Equipments limited
Exp. – 5 to 7 years
Location – Coimbatore
Roles and Responsibilities
- Development of parts with (new) suppliers for new products considering long terms hassle free supplies
- Ensure the project target cost is met without compromising of quality
- Delivery of parts with quality acceptance for proto, pilot and production requirements
- Handle end-to-end development activities including parts, inventory and investments transfer
- Ensure no design change request post feasibility study
Desired Candidate Profile
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of around 5 years in technical / industrial parts / components development including imports
- Minimum 3 years of experience in vendor development involving process establishment, with proven records
- Should possess ability to read machining drawings to derive process considering the quality & quantity requirement
- Deriving on the inspection methods at stages with appropriate methods
- Should possess experience on handling import suppliers and catalogue suppliers
- Should be able to estimate cost with appropriate tooling for short term and long term, without compromising quality
- Should possess ability to work in a cross functional team there by addressing the project requirements
Perks and Benefits
As per industry standards
Elgi Equipments Limited is a leading air compressor manufacturer with a broad line of innovative and technologically superior compressed air systems. Elgi has earned worldwide distinction for designing sustainable solutions that help companies achieve their productivity goals and keep the cost of ownership low.
Elgi offers a complete range of compressed air solutions from oil-lubricated and oil-free rotary screw compressors, oil-lubricated and oil-free reciprocating compressors and centrifugal compressors, to dryers, filters and downstream accessories.
The company€™s portfolio of over 400 products has found wide application across industries. Whether it is the paint on your wall, the car you drive, the medicines you take or the leather bag you carry, Elgi products have been used either in their production, maintenance or usage.
Elgi is part of a small, elite group of companies worldwide that is capable of manufacturing wide range of air ends and compressor packages.
Elgi has modern manufacturing facilities in India and China. Elgi has strengthened its global presence with the acquisition of Belair SA of France, Rotair S.p.a. of Italy and Patton€™s Inc., of USA.
Belair has been engaged in the assembly, sales and service of industrial compressors for more than 25 years.
Rotair S.p.a., designs, manufactures and distributes a range of compressors and allied products for the construction and industrial sectors across Europe and other leading markets in the world. Patton€™s Inc., is primarily engaged in the business of distributing industrial compressors and air products.
Elgi has set its own warehouse facilities in Australia, Brazil and Middle East. The company offers a strong sales and service network with well-knit distribution network across the globe. Elgi believes in forging long running partnerships with its stakeholders worldwide guided by reliability, technology, capability and values fuelled by innovation.
Asia’s largest manufacturer of air compressors, Acquired Belair in France, Rotair in Italy and Pattons Inc. in United States., Design of encapsulated and high pressure airends, Design of patented oil-injected, oil-free screw airends and compressors
Company Info – Address-Singanallur Coimbatore, COIMBATORE, Tamilnadu, India