Position – Laboratory Technician (Mechanical)
Company – Element Materials Technology
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Element has an opportunity for a Laboratory Technician(Mechanical) to join our rapidly expanding team. As a member of the operations team, the Test Technician position performs a variety of routine and non-routine testing assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate test results under direct supervision. The technician positions must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
This position will be based in Ghatkopar West in Mumbai
- Prepare material specimens for testing
- Perform tests as directed by customer specifications
- Analyze and compile testing data from the tests performed
- Operate under the supervision of a more senior test technician and/or a Department Manager
- Interact periodically with customers
- Schedule internal calibration of equipment
- Gather and record test data
- Construct and maintain various test fixtures and other laboratory equipment to ensure proper working order with little supervision
#LI-SR1Skills / Qualifications:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/Industrial Engineering
- 1-2 years experience in similar industry with hands on experience in conventional UTM, Instron, Impact testing and knowledge on metallurgy is preferred
- Knowledge on dimension measurement is an added advantage
- Self motivated Technician with the ability to multi task, organise and work under the pressure of a busy commercial mechanical test laboratory
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and knowledge on local language is preferred
- A team player attitude, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
We are Element, one of the fastest-growing testing, inspection, certification, and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil, and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety – We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity – We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence – We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership – We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify, and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant, and fit for purpose. Diversity Statement: At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.