Position – Reliability Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Reliability Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Eaton’s India Innovation Center (EIIC) focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
This role is established for Center for Reliability & Safety team and will be working on electrical power distribution products. The core responsibilities of this position are following:
- Responsible for delivering Design for Reliability work packages across multiple New Product Introduction (NPI) and Sustaining Engineering (SE) projects of Eaton’s Electrical product lines with high quality and meeting project schedules.
- Responsible to identify and mitigate reliability risks under guidance & follow reliability sign-off process for NPIs.
- Responsible for building product/component failure data repository doing warranty data analysis and driving problem solving for top warranty issues as needed.
- Create and/or revise DFR deliverables such as Reliability goal setting, Reliability Predictions, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Accelerated Life Test , Reliability Demonstration Test (RDT), Reliability Growth analysis ,FRACAS for NPIs, VAVE projects and/or existing product improvements.
- Work with cross functional team as well as global reliability engineering team for designing in reliability on NPI programs and/or existing product improvements,VAVE projects & responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating reliability risks under supervision of senior.
- Planning project milestones, executing milestones,conducting deliverables reviews, communication with stakeholder and on-job development through technical mentoring.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering with 0-2 year experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3-4 year experience in electrical power distribution products
- Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, FMEA, 8D,FRACAS, life modelling & analyzing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
- Experience with any industry proven reliability analysis suite of tools like Minitab, Reliasoft preferred.
- Desired: Work experience in the Electro-mechanical systems preferably power distribution, circuit breakers etc.
- Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization etc.
- Process Management-Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, knows what to measure and how to measure it, Can simplify complex processes, Gets more out of fewer resources
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, Is excellent at honest analysis Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only