Position – Mechanical Engineer, eMobility – All Levels
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Mechanical Engineer, eMobility – All Levels based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Our eMobility Division is currently seeking Mechanical Engineers to join our expanding team. These positions will be based in Pune, IN.
- Mechanical Engineer: Recent graduate or 0-2 years of experience
- Senior Mechanical Engineer: Minimum of two (2) years of experience
- Lead Mechanical Engineer: Minimum of five (5) years of experience
- Mechanical Engineering Specialist: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Mechanical Engineer will conceptualize, manage the design, development, testing, technical documentation, and launch of new products and extensions to existing product lines.
- Lead the mechanical design and development of electric vehicle powertrain components
- Participate in all phases of the hardware development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Analysis, Prototype, Test, and Release)
- Apply the appropriate Eaton and Industry engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the product development life cycle
- Drive and participate in design reviews, analysis reviews, DFMEA reviews, Design for Manufacturability reviews and other team development activities to ensure you deliver compliant, robust, and high-quality designs
- You will use CAD and Analysis tools to design and evaluate product performance against requirements to facilitate rapid product development cycles
- Leverage new and emerging technologies, materials, and manufacturing methods to develop innovative and industry leading products
- Interact with other disciplines to create solutions, deploy your designs, and investigate issues
- Support program leads by creating development plans, milestone schedules, effort estimations, and cost estimations
- Suggest continuous improvements for processes and best practices
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience in new product development of electronics packaging
- Experience at automotive Tier I supplier launching electromechanical products
- Experience at automotive Tier I supplier developing High Voltage products
- Experience developing power conversion, power distribution, circuit protection, or products with energy storage (Battery Packs) in automotive or mobile applications
- Experience packaging PCB assemblies and associated failure modes
- Experience with thermal analysis of electrical components (PCBAs, IGBTs, Bus Bars) and having deployed designs that require active cooling by conduction, convection, or liquid cooling
- Experience designing wire harnesses and electrical interconnects for transportation based applications
- Experience leading programs, managing work breakdowns, and mentoring developing engineers
- Experience with aluminum die casting design
- Experience with injection molded plastics design
- Experience with stamping and electrical terminal design
- Experience utilizing Design for Six Sigma tools (Tolerance stack analysis, statistical analysis, MSAs)
- Experience developing standard work and design guides
- Experience deploying GD&T based drawings
- Experience with ProE or SolidWorks CAD tools
- Experience with mechanical design analysis using ANSYS, Solid Works Simulation, etc
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Understanding of vehicle markets
- Working experience in cross-functional team organization and globally distributed engineering teams a plus
- Knowledge of OEM or Tier1 development process
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time