Position – Engineer-Data Management
Company – Eaton
Location – Puducherry, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer- Data Management based in Pondicherry, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, and wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
- Primarily responsible for creating engineering designs and detailed drawings of molding, machining, and sheet metal components in CAD Software like Solid works, Creo, and AutoCAD by coordinating with NPD, Production, supplier, and customer-specific requirements
- Develop pioneering design concepts and innovative ideas to meet all performance, reliability, cost, and manufacturability requirements.
- Working & coordinating with Interfunctional teams and following the SAP PLM/PDM systems and concepts by implementing directives that drive improvements
- Monitors and reports on the accuracy of that information with the aim of achieving world-class standards in data management.
- Responsible for creating engineering design drawings into Solidworks and Creo of general assembly drawings, including all parts and sub-assemblies from various sources, and standard work practices to support manufacturing.
- Updating drawings with LTs & KTs with Lates Design Spec including all standards and appearance parameters with live product design from multiplatform.
- Closely communicates with project engineers and managers to review the design.
- Responsible for maintaining the material master in SAP to ensure process control.
- Providing technical support such as defeatured CAD models and outline drawings to the global marketing team for customer requirements.
- Interactively working with the UK Quality team and Engineering team for the design and development of the Switch Disconnector products.
- Plans and organizes the input of information into SAP PLM, with particular emphasis on manufacturing drawings and technical information. Also, linking the drawings (DIR) with the material master and any relevant routings using PRTs
- Liaises with the Process Improvement Engineers and Business Units to ensure that appropriate levels of information are referenced through the manufacturing drawing. Consideration will also include the impact on/from standard shop practice, work instructions, and tooling.
- Involves in localization and customization & VAVE projects to support customer orders and help to achieve sales targets and goals.
- Adhere to international standards ISO and ASME Manage Engineering change requests (ECO / ECN) and generate Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Participate in the ZISC and CI culture of EATON and achieve SIOs and Kaizens.BE/B.Tech /Mechanical Graduate or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- BE/B.Tech /Mechanical Graduate or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- 1 – 3 years (5+ for Diploma) – Proven Solidworks & Creo experience working in the following ERP system: both SAP and Oracle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in Solidworks, Creo & AutoCAD is a strong plus
- Solidworks visualize for rendering strong plus
- Good knowledge of GD & T.
- Industrial experience & product knowledge.
- Strong data analytic skillset
- Good interpersonal skills and planning ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly ethical and able to work in a cross-functional team
- MS Excel, SAP & Enovia
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to doing business right, operating sustainably, and helping our customers manage power today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.