Position – Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to design “Transmission components and subsystems” to meet customer-specific technical requirements by satisfying cost and timeline requirements for Commercial vehicle applications.
- The applicant will be responsible to design, develop Transmission components and subsystems using EATON’s phase-gate process by understanding product requirements, planning activities/milestones, and executing with a focus on execution excellence – Capture requirements, prepare PDSC, DFMEA, DAP and DVP
- The applicant will be responsible to investigate/troubleshoot the product and process-related problems, innovate and develop plans for solutions and implement
- Capturing customer requirements, planning and executing milestones, collaborating with colleagues for technical and project reviews, timely communication to all stakeholders involved
- Performs medium-to-complex engineering assignments, involving product design, validation plans, and preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques
- Execute teardown of proto-type samples to evaluate cost, material and configuration benchmarking
- Utilize DFSS concepts/tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Develops process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
- Drives PRO-Launch execution of medium complex launch programs with work package approvals, engineering management plan, and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
- Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical resource for internal/external customers and resolves technical challenges
- Maintain credible communication practice with the external customer on technical clarifications, testing & resolving of field failures
- Positively influence cross-functional teams for the successful execution of product design across all stages of the product development process per PROLaunch.
- BE/BS in Mechanical or related engineering area with 3-5 years
- ME/M.Tech in Mechanical or related engineering area with 1-3 years of engineering/product design experience in the relevant domain.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe, and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.