EATON is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Transmission
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer Transmission based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Job Summary
- Provide drive system expertise for Vehicle powertrain & drivetrain with specific focus on regional pursuits, launch, aftermarket and current product engineering projects.
- Knowledgeable on latest trends in powertrain and drivetrain elements, architectures, topologies, composites materials and specific constraints of end applications. Possess in-depth understanding of powertrain and drivetrain diversity that industry is adapting in view of 2027 emissions and Fuel Economy norms in different regions. Applicant must have work experience in design, development and validation of Transmission Subsystems.
- Should have good knowledge of analytics – FEA, Hand calculations and proficiency in 3D drafting tools Cre-O, GD&T, Tolerance stackup. Applicant should be able to support defining engineering requirements by understanding customer voice and application and propose / execute relevant design development activities
- Job Responsibilities:
- Understand market & customer needs in powertrain and drivetrain space for existing & potential new spaces / places for Eaton Vehicle Group
- Compare various architectures of drivetrain and powertrain from open sources and characterize the architectural value in respect to vehicle category & application
Performs engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques
- Participates in engineering / design activities and maintains effective communications with team members, customers & suppliers.
- Creates and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group.
- Prepares packaging layouts, design concepts and selection of optimal solution for improvement of product as part of pursuits efforts
- Participates in design innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
- Utilizes the understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs
Failure analysis using relevant techniques
- Cost-out inititatives for improving profitability
- Perform basic calculations of clutch, gear, shaft, bearings for new concept generation and or extension of the same for new applications
- Continuous improvement in design thru combining of parts, rationalizing and commonization
- Work with internal functions like quality, service and SCM in meeting product performance and localization goals
- Education level required
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Mechnical Engineering
- Years and area of experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in new product introduction / current product engineering
- Technical knowledge
- Design of casting, forging, and power transfer sytems compoenents such as shafts, gear & bearings
- Development and selection of existing transmission offerings & design optimization for end application
- In depth understanding of transmission sub-system (example; synchronizers) & component manufacturing processes
- In depth understanding of design optimization & validation methods for various types of transmissions
- Gear Design, micro geometry definition, optimization, AGMA, ISO and DIN standard- Gear pair design and architectures selection for manual transmission
- Tolerance analysis using relevant tools/software
- Prepare DFMEA, DVP
- Soft skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Team player with highly effective interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Business acumen, Drive for results
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a hands-on laboratory environment
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.