EATON is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power.
- The company is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in 2012.
- Eaton has approximately 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
- Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) has an opening for engineering manager, Application Engineering in the Global Crouse-hinds, B-Line and Oil & Gas division. This position will be based in Pune, India.
- The incoming engineer will have the responsibility to lead the custom design for power distribution and controls products for Harsh and Hazardous environments per the defined scope and schedule. The person will have to execute Engineering orders as per divisional standards based on the specific requirements and communicate effectively. Further, the person will
- Support Engineering To Order (ETO) portfolio for Crouse Hinds & Bline products,
- Drive a culture of learning and continuous improvement while executing the projects,
- Support in building required capability and technical expertise to develop electromechanical products.
- Lead the design for power distribution & controls products based on the functional & customer specifications.
- Mentor team on technical issues, queries, problems etc. and ensures quality design output from team by acting as quality check focal and conducting thorough technical / drawing reviews.
- Interface with commercial teams in understanding customer needs and turnaround designs to secure business wins.
- Establish good working relationship with cross-functional teams (Manf, Mktg etc) to ensure accuracy and completeness of requirements & deliverables.
- Resolve technical issues and road blocks impacting assigned projects by taking timely decisions, well supported by DfMA and engineering fundamentals.
- Work with internal functions (sourcing, manufacturing etc) to deliver high quality optimized cost-effective designs on-time.
- Use modern engineering practices to monitor and drive continuous process improvement to increase productivity for the team & portfolio.
- Galvanize team to achieve performance parameters such as On time performance, First Pass Yield, Turnaround time, etc.
- Document all design practices, standard procedures and lessons learned to ensure consistency and performance.
- Ensure quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to Eaton standard practices..
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Production/Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of progressive hands-on experience for bachelor’s candidate and 1-3 years of experience for master’s candidate in product development, primarily in product design,requisition support and design customisation as per customer requirment.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, with critical thinking and proven design skills.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in design & development of product lines such as electronics controls & Smart Products, switches and receptacles, power distribution, protection and control products and relevant product standards like UL, IEC & NEC.
- Should have strong knowledge about drawings, dimensioning standards, tolerance standards & stack-up, engineering calculations, complete system / component sizing, modeling and simulation, strong Analytical skills – understanding mechanical loads & stresses, part fits, and establishing efficient, ergonomic methods of assembly, designing of mechanical parts which are manufactured. Good understanding of ECAD and MCAD, PLM & SAP PLM system, requirements management for documentation control and workflow.
- Should have good knowledge on different product design tools environment like AutoCAD, PRO E, Solid works or E-CAD, LT Spice, PS Spice, Model sim, Cadence, Jama, Jira etc as required for product design and development.
- Good knowledge of regulatory and industry standard like ASME Y14.100, UL, IEC, NEMA, FAA, TP312, ICAO etc. Knowledge of Hazardous Area would be added advantage.
- Hands on experience in working with cross-functions, interfacing with customers, translating requirements to design solutions. Ability to understand business needs, prioritize projects and execute to meet commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a higher degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Ability to foster collaboration across global development teams.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time