Position – Design Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Puducherry, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Design Engineer based in Pondicherry, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The scope of the responsibility includes support design and developments on Multi Disciplinary products in NPD like LV Switchgear, MV Switchgear & Bussmann Products
- Deliver Mechanical Design requirements for MV switchgear, LV DB & PV Combiner box products, releasing BOM in SAP for Manufacturing and also provide support LV Switchgear and Bussmann products.
- Lias with Sales and customers for design approval, Work on VAVE/ Feature addition as well as Quality improvement projects on the products, Localization support and validation is also included.
- Provide specialist support on sheet metal & enclosure design, Moulding design, press parts, strength of materials and fasteners to help the team deliver projects in time.
- Support to Identify/ Develop new vendors for the Localization projects
- Follow standards IEC, ISO, ANSI, and ASME & ASTM for all relevant product designs would be added Advantage
- Expertise in Sheet metal designs, preferred in switchgear products.
- Demonstrating in 3D Modelling, 2D drafting & detailing standards using Solid works, AutoCAD and proficient in PLM fundamentals.
- Knowledge in Material Selection of Electro-mechanical products (Steel,Copper,Stainless Steel, Brass ,Epoxy, Thermoset).
- Competent in Tolerance Stack-up analysis on assembly Model designs, & GD&T(ASME Y14.5) on moving assemblies.
- Knowledge of modular product BOM preparation and structuring in SAP/ERP.
- Well conversed in ECN/ECO process
- Manufacturing Industry Exposure like Fabrication/ Machining and moulding
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only