Position – Associate Engineer – Aerospace Test Lab
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
What you’ll do:
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Associate Engineer – Aerospace Test Lab in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, and wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
- The requirement of this position is to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to set up, install and on-time completion of accurate product and /or system testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the Corporate Research & Technology team and product engineering functions together.
- Perform installation of mechanical setups: sound knowledge of hydraulics, electro-mechanical
- Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for test stand and complete test requests with minimal downtime.
- Implement corrective actions to test setups as required by established lab procedures or test requests, or when performance falls below acceptable limits
- Coordinate with research & engineering teams appropriately to clarify the purpose of testing and the results of ongoing tests
- Bachelors in mechanical engineering.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Hydraulics / Electromechanical Component Testing.
- Good Communication skills, Presentation Skills.
- Organize, maintain, and retrieve data from a master database, which would be generated with a large amount of test data & simulation-data
- Take ownership of small projects, develop custom fixtures & continuously improve skill set
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within the group and with other groups in the facility to ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within the product group and with other groups to complete test projects with a high degree of quality and efficiency
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
- Strive to meet test lab performance targets established in Balanced Score Card and ensure ISO compliance
- Analyzing mechanical assembly issues related to hydraulics components is preferred. Additional experience in electro-mechanical components is an added advantage.
- Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
- Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware, and software that are being used for testing
- Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods for solving the issues
- Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer
- Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
- Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in the prescribed time frame
- Work with engineers