Position – Associate Engineer – Mechanical
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Summary :
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the (Value Analysis and Value Engineering) VAVE function of automative products portfolio to reduce cost thru Engineering idea generation for cost reduction, supplier chnage , supplier footprint optimization, collaborating with Supply Chain teams to for negotiation and meet customer specific technical and cost requirements of products.
- Perform simple engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Participate in engineering/design activities and maintains effective communications with team members and leaders. Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group.
- Prepare packaging layouts, design concepts for improvement of product for cost while maintaining the performance requirements. Participates in design innovation, benchmarking events using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Utilize mechanical engineering aptitude for manufacturing processes and material selection to improve new and existing designs
Qualifications required :
- Bachelors Degree (B.E./ B/Tech.) in Mechanical Engineering / Automobile Engineering from a reputed institute is required for the position. Candidate should have secured minimum first class in all subjects of the bachelor’s degree course in Engineering.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.