Position – Engineer – Sustaining Engineering
Company – Eaton Corporation
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
What you’ll do:
Primary responsibility of this role is to work on sustaining projects for GEIS business.
It also requires to have strong communication skills, drive, strong engineering acumen with enthusiasm in the product design and appilcation.
- Lead multiple projects/programs related to sustaining engineering through execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives
- Work in a cross functional/ multi-disciplinary team in making technology/ engineering decisions required for project execution.
- Owns end to end mechanical product design and development (Sheet metal experience is preferred) including product conceptualization, testing of products, design validation. Follow ECR/ECN process for sustaining Engineering as per plant standards.
- Design, validate and release systems, sub-systems and components independently. Creates CAD drawings- detailing, 3D models, Assemblies etc. Ensure release in PLM system per project plan.
- Develop test plans in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Create test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications.
- Prepare Design proposals and documentation required to define & control products. Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required
- BE Mechanical
- 3 to 5 years experience in mechanical product development
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in the design and development of Mechanical products like sheet metal products (preffered), cast/machined products, plastic products, and relevant product standards such as UL, IEC, et relevant to Lighting Products – in Hazardous and Industrial Applications.
- Experience must include hands-on experience with design of products from concept to commercialization including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts, prototyping and validation
- Analytical skills must include understanding component design/ selection, stresses, fatigue life, component fits and establishing efficient/ergonomic methods of assembly, Design calculations.
- Should be proficient with GD&T, Six Sigma, DFMEA, DFMA, UL certification, VAVE understanding, Should costing, OnePart, Total cost Optimization, and Agile ProLaunch
- Should have good knowledge on different product design tools environment like CAD, Solid works, ERP system, SAP.
- Communication skills, Multitasking, Drive for result, Accountability, Innovation, Leadership Attributes