Position – Engineer- Pumps/Piston
Company – Danfoss
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We have an immediate opportunity for a Engineer – Pumps/Piston to join our diverse engineering team of Industrial Pumps & Motors. The Engineer will be responsible for design and development for hydraulic Piston pumps for Industrial Pumps & Motor business unit. As a member of a creative, motivated and talented team, we need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about testing new things & modernizing existing things and aren’t daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step. You will be responsible for contributing technologies which can change the economics of Industrial business. You will design hydraulics pump and motor systems, generate IP, plan and support to execute field trials to understand their needs, and work closely with the team to assess business impact and constraints. You must be proficient with new product development methodologies, tools and practices, and must have experience of full life cycle development of hydraulics or relevant domain products, on multiple projects including requirements, design, development, and testing.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Thorough understanding of product design and development principles, with strong problem-solving skills while working with the diverse and global teams
- Come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to build active portfolio, focusing on product strategies and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
- Play critical role in clean sheet design of piston pump/motor products
- Build & mature prediction models for the product performance parameters.
- Build prototypes, define product validation plan and test the solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements and support new product introduction.
- Design and carry out field trials & testing to demonstrate the value propositions.
- Play critical role in executing advanced methodologies to support the technical Roadmap of the organization.
- Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments. • Impart the continuous learning culture within his peers. Expert in using six sigma methodology for product development
- Performs quality checks to ensure design meet Danfoss and customer standards / requirements
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product design approach. Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in the industry.
- Collaborate with global product engineering teams and incorporates technical support for the manufacturing, commissioning, and ongoing maintenance of the existing product / system
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- BE/B.TECH with 3-5 years of relevant experience or ME/M.Tech in Mechanical or related engineering area with 2-4 years of engineering/product design experience in relevant domain.
- Lead predictable designs through six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Hands on experience in Root Cause Analysis
- Hands on exposure to engineering standard like ASME / ISO related to Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Stack Up analysis, checklists, etc.
- Familiar with Engineering change management process and execution of changes thru PLM or any other system
- Hands on experience in CAD tools like ProE, UG NX
- Knowledge of piston pumps and motor design added advantage
- Exposure to computational methods like FEM, CFD, MatLAB etc.
- Advantage to have experience working with Industrial applications like Injection moulding machines, press breaks etc.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.