Position – Engineer- Product Engineering
Company – Danfoss
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
We have an immediate opportunity for a Engineer- Product Engineering to join us at our diverse team. The Engineer- Product Engineering will be responsible to design and develop Fluid Conveyance products to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirement of Hydraulic rubber hose and fittings for mobile & industrial hydraulics platforms & applications.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Contributes by leading multiple small product development projects or participating in larger product development projects
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering and design tasks. Build prediction models for the product performance parameters.
- Comes up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introduce technical differentiators / value proposition and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
- Support prototypes development and test the solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements and support product introduction
- Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments
- Be an active professional in continuous learning resulting enhancement in organizational objectives
- Lead predictable designs through six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
- Performs quality checks to ensure design meet Eaton and customer standards / requirements
- Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering
- Desired: Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering
Min 4-6 years’ experience for Bachelor’s degree or Min 2-3 Years of experience for Master’s degree, in product design in hydraulics domain
- Proven knowledge of DFSS tools like FMEA, DVPR, PDSC etc.
- Hose and Fitting failure investigation & Root Cause Analysis /8D problem solving skills
- Knowledge of engineering standards like EN/SAE/ISO etc.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Stack Up analysis, etc.
- Familiar with PLM and Engineering change management process and execution of changes thru PLM
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.