Position – Design Engineer – Mechanical
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Danfoss is looking for a Design Engineer – Mechanical to be part of the Product Engineering Center in the Danfoss Drives Division and will report to the Mechanical Manager, PEC, INDIA.
Danfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. We are respected around the world and across industries for our innovative, high-quality products and solutions.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to, the following.
- Execution of all relevant R&D activities within a project.
- Reviews and validates designs in cooperation with other design engineers. Designs in accordance with sound engineering practice
- Support design activities valves in accordance with customer requirements from idea to market launch
- Design and validation of valves and components within a specific New Product Development (NPD) projects
- Creates all relevant NPD deliverables within a specific project
- Support and facilitate design reviews and risk assessment activities
- Executes, supports, and facilitates root cause problem solving and 8D’s for product failures
- Understand customer needs and translate them into sound designs
- Develop and verify design that meets specifications on functionality, quality, and cost
- Focus on continuous improvement in quality, cost, and time to market by use of simulation, fast prototyping, and platform-based development.
- Validate design through simulations, test specifications, and review of results
Background & Skills
At Danfoss, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace fosters creativity, innovation, and a broader perspective in decision-making. When you consider this job posting, do you feel like your profile is not a perfect match? Numerous studies have found that women and people of color are more likely to apply only when they meet all requirements listed in the job posting. Even if you do not check all the boxes, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are curious to find out how you can bring new insights to the role or to Danfoss as an organization.
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- B.E / M. Sc. Mechanical engineering or similar education with a technical background
- 4+ years of experience with the design of electro-mechanical products
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes including sheet metals, die casting, and injection molding.
- Knowledge of IPC requirements and Design for Six Sigma, -Assembly, -Manufact., -Automation, -Test, -Cost
- Ability to use Simulation tools and perform tolerance chain impact analysis
- Skills in CAD software (CREO, AutoCAD, or similar) and knowledge of 2D drawings
- Knowledge of SAP and PLM tool (PDM Link or similar)
- Knowledge of APQP including SPPAP, FMEA, and use of special characteristics
- Knowledge of circular economy and ability to ensure compliance to UL, RoHS/Reach/SVHC (Negative list)
- Fluent and comprehensive English
- Innovative, Positive, and open-minded
- Collaborative and capable to build professional networks
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.