Position – Associate Engineer – Editron
Company – Danfoss
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Danfoss Editron is leading the electrification revolution. Our mission is to end pollution with electrification. Editron specializes in hybrid and electric powertrain systems for the marine, off-highway, and on-highway markets. A business division of Danfoss, it develops and manufactures high-performance power systems for heavy-duty vehicles, machines and marine vessels based on synchronous reluctance assisted permanent magnet technology.
We are growing fast globally and would like to invite you to join the award-winning team, to work on the technologies that will enable the world of tomorrow to do more with less. We are seeking Engineer (s) to join our diverse team. In this role, you will be responsible for executing assignments related to design & engineering of products for electrification of on-highway vehicles.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Conduct benchmarking & feasibility Study
- Work on Sub-system/Component Design of Electrical Machines and Power systems of Electric Vehicle
- Participate in design validation through analytical approach Structural, Thermal/CFD, NVH and Durability
- Support concept development. Convert packaging requirement into design concepts.
- Complete detail design, taking into consideration Manufacturing, Assembly and Safety requirements.
- Conduct GD&T and Tolerance Stack-up studies to support manufacturing readiness
- Create BOM and maintain the same in PLM
- Update engineering reports and documentation
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Graduate engineer in Mechanical / Electrical streams
- 1-3 years’ experience in design and development of mechanical components, preferably related to Electrical Machines.
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Understanding of manufacturing process like casting, sheet-metal design
- Hands on experience in CAD tools – ProE, Creo, NX
- Understanding of PLM systems – ENOVIA / Teamcenter
- Ability to work in cross-functional environment
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.