Position – Associate Engineer -Product Application
Company – Danfoss
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
We have an immediate opportunity for an Associate Engineer -Product Application to join us at our diverse team. The Associate Engineer -Product Application will be part Fuel, A/C, Thermoplastic and Specialty (FACTS) team in Fluid Conveyance group within Danfoss India Innovation Centre, Pune and will be reporting to Engineering Manager, FACTS team. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide customized application solution for Fluid Conveyance products like hoses, hose fittings, adapters, based upon specifications provided by customers through quotation request and products and capabilities defined by Product Engineering, Product Management and Manufacturing
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify appropriate Fluid Conveyance products
- Work with customer on design issues, develop configuration to meet specifications & create CAD drawings.
- Coordinate prototypes development to meet/exceed customer requirements
- Strong mathematical aptitude and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Confers with manufacturing, marketing, engineering, and other personnel to prepare product design modifications as required.
- Demonstrates effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments.
- Experience in comprehension and creation of Engineering documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of GD&T and tolerance stack-up
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work on multiple projects / project teams simultaneously with emphasis on key customer prioritization
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering
- Min 1-3 years’ experience for bachelor’s degree in product application engineering in hydraulics domain
- Proficient in CREO / AutoCAD and shall have hands on experience
- Knowledge of engineering standards like EN/SAE/ISO etc.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Stack Up analysis, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of DMAIC / Lean methodology
- Familiar with PLM and Engineering change management process and execution of changes thru PLM.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.