Position – Junior Manager- Drafting & Release
Company – Cummins Inc.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
As part of a formal apprenticeship or regional training program, assist Product Design Technicians to learn and develop the skills necessary to obtain a regionally applicable, Certification as an Experienced Technician (e.g. US Department of Labor). Independently performs work to help support area needs during work rotations in other applicable teams.
- Develops capability to ensure model and drawing quality.
- Learned to create and maintain product specifications utilizing Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing.
- Utilizes Computer Aided Design (CAD) data management tools for configuration control and to maintain security.
- Acquires knowledge to apply company, industry, national, and international standards.
- Learns to process internal engineering work requests.
- Engages with required functional areas as needed.
- Attends classes and training programs and makes appropriate progress necessary to build skill and knowledge.
- Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Instills trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Mechanical Design Specification – Creates complete specifications in the form of solid models, configured engineering bill of materials and detailed drawings that cross-functionally communicate the information required to manufacture and inspect a product per its design intent; considers national, international, industry, and Cummins’ standards that accurately and concisely define the part specification.
Mechanical Design Modeling and Analysis – Creates Computer Aided Design models in accordance with Cummins’ standards to represent architectural or product level system design concepts, and to enable completion of various system-level computer analyses such as Dimensional Variation Analysis and Finite Element Analysis.
Product Configuration and Change Management – Establishes a baseline of identified product artifacts to be placed under configuration management; releases, tracks, controls and communicates changes from concept to obsolescence often through work requests; establishes and maintains the integrity of the product artifact baselines.
Mechanical Design of Mechanical Systems – Acquires and applies an in-depth understanding of mechanical systems through working knowledge that guides a designer’s ability to create innovative and sound design concepts to meet Cummins and customer expectations; designs for requirements of all lifecycle stages by considering the customer requirements in different operating environments to ensure a robust system.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- Must meet the minimum educational requirements to be ready to start a formal apprenticeship or training program.
- Registration in a regionally certified apprenticeship learning or training program is required.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Minimal or no work experience is required.
- Strong Proficiency and Hands-On Experience with Creo Tool, including Part Modeling, Assembly, and Mechanical Drawing Creation.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills, with a demonstrated ability to multitask effectively.
- In-depth Knowledge of Off-Road and On-Road Equipment, with a Preference for Good Diesel Engine Project Experience and Knowledge.
- Over 3 Years of Expertise in Product Design, Modeling, and Concept Creation within the Mechanical Field using CREO-2 and Above / ProE.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering Processes.
- Proficient in Working with the Latest Versions of Creo (2D& 3D), and Knowledgeable about PLM, including Windchill.
- Conversant with Product Change Management and Hands-On Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Good Knowledge of Engineering Terminology.
- Effective Interaction Skills, with an ability to Collaborate Efficiently in Cross-Functional Teams.
- Strong Learning Agility, with the Capacity to Grasp Various Product Features and Understand Their Interrelationships.
- Proactive Approach to Skill Development, Actively Seeking Opportunities for Growth and Challenges through Formal and Informal Development Channels.