Cummins Inc. is hiring | Junior manager |
Position – Junior Manager-Design & Drafting
Company – Cummins Inc.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Creates and maintains specifications (drawings and models) of Cummins products per company, industry, national, and international standards, while positively impacting the organization’s performance.
- Ensures model and drawing quality.
- Creates and maintains product specifications utilizing Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing.
- Utilizes Computer Aided Design (CAD) data management tools for configuration control and to maintain security.
- Ensures application of company, industry, national, and international standards.
- Processes internal engineering work requests.
- Engages with required functional areas as needed.
- Participates in the maintenance of standards and practices which ensure quality.
- Participates in Drawing Quality Reviews.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Instills trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Mechanical Design Specification – Creates complete specifications in the form of solid models, configured engineering bill of materials and detailed drawings that cross-functionally communicate the information required to manufacture and inspect a product per its design intent; considers national, international, industry, and Cummins’ standards that accurately and concisely define the part specification.
- Mechanical Design Modeling and Analysis – Creates Computer Aided Design models in accordance with Cummins’ standards to represent architectural or product level system design concepts, and to enable completion of various system-level computer analyses such as Dimensional Variation Analysis and Finite Element Analysis.
- Product Configuration and Change Management – Establishes a baseline of identified product artifacts to be placed under configuration management; releases, tracks, controls and communicates changes from concept to obsolescence often through work requests; establishes and maintains the integrity of the product artifact baselines.
- Mechanical Design of Mechanical Systems – Acquires and applies an in-depth understanding of mechanical systems through working knowledge that guides a designer’s ability to create innovative and sound design concepts to meet Cummins and customer expectations; designs for requirements of all lifecycle stages by considering the customer requirements in different operating environments to ensure a robust system.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- A regionally applicable Certification (e.g. US Department of Labor) or two year Associates Degree from an accredited college program in a relevant field of study.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Requires some work experience and intermediate level knowledge obtained through training or on-the-job experience.
- Knowledge of windchill process from CR creation to release
- Knowledge of IMS
- Diploma or bachelor of engineering in mechanical/production/equivalent
Primary Location India-Maharashtra-Pune-India, Pune, Cummins Technical Center India
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Office
Job Posting May 26, 2023, 2:22:59 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Role Category Hybrid – Potential for Partial Remote
Req ID: 230001M3