Position – Design Engineer
Company – Copeland
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Master’s in Design Engineering / Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 2-3 years of experience in New Product Design and Development of compressors or any other rotating machines applied primarily in Refrigeration/Air Conditioning or any other applications with Hands-on experience in handling design activities with an understanding of the manufacturing processes, mid to complex projects demanding high proficiency in Mechanical Design/Structural design.
- Strong analytical and design skills in Structural/Machine design Engineering and Hands-on Theoretical engineering calculations
- Very keen on Creativity and Innovation and self-motivated to drive innovation.
- Proficient in applying technical understanding and design principles to product design and should be able to correlate with actual product design – with an understanding of the dimensional aspects with respect to the manufacturing tolerances and processes.
- Familiar with design for manufacturing (DFM) and Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and typical assembly and fabrication methods with some emphasis on comprehension of current practices.
- Experience in manufacturing process & ability to correlate manufacturing requirements with design is a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Well conversant with presentation through MS tools and experience in presentation
Added Advantages :
- Experience in handling Engineering changes in NPD programs
- Experience in using Engineering tools like DFMEA, DFM&A
- Knowledge of Sheet metal & casting design
- Plastic component design
Individual Contributor – handles design projects making up to resolve the design challenges and represent the same in CAD and work on component design and analytical calculations.
Responsible for meeting the project expectations.
- Provide design proposals with proper consideration of manufacturing processes and tolerances
- Perform Design calculations (thermal, machine design & fluid mechanics) Independently.
- Verify functionality/correctness/manufacturability for new design components and product design
- Work with various engineering teams to execute projects in the areas of product development, cost reduction, and Technology projects
- Conduct Design Reviews and present the work to the Business Unit
- Coordinate with project engineers for a detailed understanding of the project scope, communicating or sharing the findings and the challenges in the design work.
- Contributing to developing new processes and helping to improve current processes to create value and Increase quality & speed of delivery
- Ensure on-time delivery & ensure high Quality of the deliverables
- Ensure quality through defined QC processes, internal peer reviews for all the work & projects
- Produce and utilize engineering calculations and operate in CAD-Nx to support design, and engineering efforts including spreadsheets and internet resources
- Participate in global collaboration efforts with peer engineering facilities
- Design Effectiveness
- On-time delivery
- Quality & Consistency
- Technical Reporting