Position – Area Engineer
Company – Continental AG
Location – India
- Maintains and improves mechanical production equipment / Accessories and systems in the Mixing, Extruding & Calendar area.
- Ensures a proper diagnostic of mechanical problems, repair, and restart of production machinery of the area of responsibility in case of breakdowns.
- Ensure Proper Preventive/ Predictive Maintenance, Lubrication and Spare part management of Production equipment assign to him.
- Ensures the implementation of the local Maintenance strategy (including TPM implementation support, maintenance processes improvements including SAP PM, interfaces with other departments, condition monitoring tools implementation, ….).
- Identifies, analyses and ensures the implementation of potential mechanical improvements (including costs savings) on area production machinery in cooperation with other departments (Production, Quality, Purchasing)
- Maintains professional and technical mechanical/pneumatical/hydraulic knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Education- B.Tech ( Mechanical Engineering),
- Experience- 3 ~ 5 years of Hands-on experience in maintenance function in any Radial tire manufacturing unit.
- Other- Knowledge of working in SAP.
- Knowledge of Pneumatics, hydraulics, and Mechanical components.
- Analytical skills in troubleshooting, Root cause analysis + SPS, and maintaining documentation of it.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications – from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.