Position – Senior Associate Engineer Quality
Company – Collins Aerospace
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Location:No.14/1 & 15/1, Maruthi Industrial Estate, Phase 2, Hoody Village, Whitefield Road, KR Puram Hobli,Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- This position requires an energetic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated person willing to lead, promote, and drive key processes as a member of Collins Aerospace Supplier Quality Organization.
- As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will provide support to the Current and New Programs at Organisation related Supplier Quality Management, improvement of Suppliers’ Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and peer organizations. The ability to work well in a team environment is critical to the success of this role.
- Execute/Assist supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, supplier audits, escape management, supplier performance management and quality issue resolution processes.
- Ensure that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including FAI, Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Require and coach/train Suppliers to find root cause and implement sustainable corrective / preventive action on all supplier, manufacturing and Customer escapes/complaints using Quality tools with Continuous improvement initiates across Supplier base.
- Coordinate and maintain key relationships with Suppliers’ Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as Engineering, Procurement and support organizations
- Responsible for implementing Zero Defect Plans (ZDP) at critical suppliers as part of the larger Collins initiatives.
- Flexible to Travel for Supplier Visits on need basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Automobile Engineering.
- 2-5 years of quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace.
- Knowledgeable / experienced in AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as FAI, UPPAP, ETQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC etc.
- Experienced in driving CAR and PAR and eliminating non-conformances at the Supplier level using Problem Solving tools.
- Exposure to handling International suppliers or customers.
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience or other Lean Systems experience a plus
- Prior experience in Supplier Quality Management is preferred
- Certified Six sigma YB/GB/Black belt, auditor certification is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization and external stake holder.
- A strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Program or project management skills is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement: Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes: Benefits package includes:
- Transportation facility.
- Meal coupons
- Group Term Life Insurance.
- Group Health Insurance.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance.
- Entitled for 22 days of vacation and 7 days of contingency leave annually.
- Employee scholar programme.
- Work life balance.
- Car lease programme.
- National Pension Scheme
- Fuel & Maintenance /Driver wages
- Meal vouchersNothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all India positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.Note:
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the India)
- Drug Screen only performed for Operations Positions
- At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.