Position – Stress Analysis_Lead Engineer_Return to Work(Hybrid)
Company – Collins Aerospace (part of Raytheon)
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
In this role the Lead Engineer-Cargo Systems will support the structural validation thru detailed Stress Analysis activities of GETC Cargo Systems components and document detailed Stress report for the same.
Re-empower program (Return to Wor
The Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 14-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance and contributions participants will be eligible for a career at Raytheon Technologies.
Minimum Program Qualifications
To qualify for the Raytheon Technologies Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
Be on a career break of one or more year at time of application
Have prior experience in functional area of interest
Have interest in returning in either a full-time or part-time position
Position: Lead Engineer (P2)
- Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas and assignments.
- Structural analysis of components for the purpose of ensuring structural integrity using classical methods of analysis for strength of materials. Develops enhanced capabilities in finite element analysis, for the performance of structural analysis.
- Draw FBDs based on the structural load paths. Generation of applied loads, interface loads and internal loads distributions, utilizing proper understanding and recognition of structural load paths and structural response to load.
- Support the design effort and project/design engineers during drawing release. Prepare informal and formal documentation of strength check notes using MS Office products.
- Suggest solutions to resolve any concerns based on the stress Analysis results
- Review the Engineering drawings
- Provides guidance and direction to a moderately sized team of engineers
- Responsible for schedule and cost for the portion of the project assigned. Responsible for engineering metrics like OTD, FPY, etc.
- Working with Cross functional team and communicate with business units in USA (effective written and verbal communication is required for the purpose of achieving successful job performance)
- Willingness to work in extremely aggressive schedules, while still not neglecting the value of attention to details and subsequently delivering high quality work to the customers.
- Good knowledge of ACE tools and should be able to apply those in regular work
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering. Master’s degree in mechanical design is desired.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Sound Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals
- Proficient in the fundamentals of solid mechanics, machine design etc.
- Good understanding of structural load paths and structural response to load.
- Good analytical skills
- Experience in Analysis tools such as ANSYS, Hypermesh, ABAQUS etc
- Basic knowledge on NX 11 or above and PLM tool -Teamcenter
- Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings, sketches with good understanding of GD&T methods
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office – Word, Excel and Presentation
- Knowledge on Aircraft structural part design, materials, and manufacturing processes
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high-quality products we design, test, and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Benefits package includes:
- Transportation facility.
- Group Term Life Insurance.
- Group Health Insurance.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance.
- Entitled for 18 days of vacation and 12 days of contingency leave annually.
- Employee scholar programme.
- Work life balance.
- Car lease programme.
- National Pension Scheme
- Fuel & Maintenance /Driver wages
- Meal vouchers
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all India positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check required (every external new hire in the India)
- Drug Screen only performed for Operations Positions
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that is redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.