Position – Lead Engineer – Stress Engineering
Company – Collins Aerospace
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
This position is for a Stress Engineering professional with sound knowledge of structural engineering in designing Repairs and Allowable Damage Limits (ADLs) across multiple commercial nacelle programs for Collins Aerostructures in a highly customer-focused environment.
- Apply structural analysis principles and perform repair stress analysis to support repair design development on metallic and composite structures based on certification analysis, on various nacelle components for different programs
- Prepare documents including substantiating analysis and obtain/coordinate sign-off with key stakeholders
- Work with production engineering to understand design changes and evaluate the impact to structure maintainability, repairability, and maintenance manuals (CMM, SRM, AMM)
- Work with engine manufacturers and airframers to support technical issues requiring creativity and ingenuity in expanding product repairs and allowable damage limits
- Apply scientific principles to innovate, develop, and implement business improvement solutions
- Comply with the US and country-specific export control requirements
- Report to Aftermarket technical services manager and help in driving the organization’s vision of the best aerospace systems company in the world
- Work with a globally diverse aftermarket team of highly skilled engineers and be at the forefront of driving airline customer experience.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Mechanical engineering or Aeronautics with 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of load path, load balance, free body diagram, and experience in classical hand analysis methods as well as advanced FE used in Aerospace structural analysis using Patran/Nastran.
- Understanding of static and fatigue analyses of metallic and composite aircraft structures.
- Sound knowledge of repairs for metallic and/or composite structures and various inspection methods and common defects
- Experience with Patran/Nastran (Sol 101, 106, 111)
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics CRM systems and practices
- Previous experience in Aftermarket customer support engineering organization
- Knowledge of Nacelle Systems for new aircraft programs such as B787, A320Neo, A220, A350
- Knowledge of various technical publications such as Structural Repair Manuals, Component Maintenance Manuals, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, etc.
- Technical understanding of maintenance, repair, overhaul, and regulatory requirements in the commercial aircraft industry.
- Basic knowledge of EASA/FAA requirements and Associated Repair Documentation
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration, and support of nacelles – the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional, and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter, and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Transportation facility.
- Group Term Life Insurance.
- Group Health Insurance.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance.
- Entitled to 18 days of vacation and 12 days of contingency leave annually.
- Employee scholar program.
- Work-life balance.
- Car lease program.
- National Pension Scheme
- Fuel & Maintenance /Driver wages
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all India positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in India)
- Drug Screen only performed for Operations Positions
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibilities. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.