Position – Procurement Manager – Indirect Spend
Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees across 53 countries.
Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
- Procurement of Technical equipment, energy & fluids & site services (partly)
- Negotiate and conclude deals in accordance with the delegated responsibility
- Creates PO’s and SAP contracts
- Ensure proper documentation in accordance with the compliance requirement
- Interacts closely with the Business Units to ensure that the BU’s needs are met and projects are delivered on time
- Participates in Lean Sigma / CPX projects
- Contributes/develops sourcing strategy within the category
- Conducts market research proactively and develops new suppliers and alternative sourcing concepts
- Monitor and analyze market development and supply availability. Forecast price for strategic spend products
- Contributes to monthly reports and market development in the area of responsibility
- Participates in cross-functional teams and pro-actively communicates with the stakeholders
- Manages supplier relationship within the area of responsibility
- Follows corporate sustainability program in conjunction with the supplier base and support GPS initiative
- Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering
- 5 to10 years of relevant procurement/engineering experience
- Fluent in English communication skills.
- MS-office and SAP experience would be added advantage