Spread the love
Position – Senior Engineer – Design
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- As a design engineer of machine systems Integration, you shall be responsible for providing design solutions (system & component level) for its new products or improve existing products to meet its best-in-class performance & life.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Incumbents are expected to demonstrate as a
- Strong analytical engineer – Strong understanding of engineering basics, DOE (using hand calculations, FEA analysis), Probabilistic life risk analysis, understanding structures performance characteristics.
- Be a Design Analyst – Should be able to conceive new concepts, convert ideas into 3D models & perform virtual simulation to validate self-design. Should be able to understand the multi physics and be able to develop validated designs.
- Able Technical Know-How & Problem-Solving engineer – Should be able to understand techno commercial aspects of design, design for manufacturability, product behaviours in field. Solve complex engineering challenges.
- Knowledgeable CAT process & tools – Good understanding of CAT process like APQP, DFMEA, GD&T, Basic 6 sigma tools, CPPD process.
- Team Player – Leverage engine installation & cooling, light & large structures, machine integration sub design team’s strengths. Foster strong collaboration with component teams & cross functional teams for MBD product initiatives.
- Effective Communicator – Be able to understand and communicate the complex technical problems effectively. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Product Expertise on – Structures (large and light fabs), Hydraulic systems, engine installation& cooling, & its integration with machine understanding.
- Have been engaged with construction industry machine hydraulic design and development for at least 5 years.
- Targeting Design engineer with strong product understanding at system level/ core domain expertise in any one or multiple specific sub systems. It is expected to have participated in at least one full product development cycle to provide end to end complex engineering solutions encompassing design, analysis, test & validation exposure and expertise.
- Gained deeper functional expertise in any of hydraulic components
- Functional areas of expertise – Design/ virtual validation/ development of machine sub systems
- Components expertise – Structures (large and light fabs), Hydraulic systems, engine installation& cooling, & its integration.
- Process & tools – Familiar with any designer’s tool preferably Creo & Teamcenter environment.
- Academics – Bachelor/Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering from a reputed university.
- Relevant experience – 5 to 12 Years in machine sub systems in motor graders.
- Domain expertise – Designer, Analyst, testing of machine systems.
- Functional expertise – cylinder, valve, hose, hose fittings, pumps design.
- Standards & Compliance – Knowledge and experience in standard such as ANSI, BS, EN, DIN, ANSI, ASTM, JIS.
Spread the love